There was a time when art museums only catered to a specific audience, but art centers have now become popular tourist destinations.
In the heart of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in the town of Ad Diriyah, lies an important national heritage site. The government is working on a program that focuses on developing a creative art center for the growing community of contemporary artists in the region. This art center would also serve as a cultural attraction and enhance the touristy appeal of the place.
We, at the Virtual Building Studio, offer BIM outsourcing services to our clients from all around the world. Our team is known to cut through challenges and deliver quality projects on time, no matter the complexity of the project. So, when an opportunity as wonderful as this one knocked on our doors, we could not back down from the challenge.
- A heritage building with 25,000 sq meters area.
- Huge involvement of architectural and structural magnificence.
- Link bridges to connect the art center in superstructure made of glass and steel.
- Two huge basements and five levels in the superstructure and few areas with double height.
- Huge landscape area with civil and site utility works.
Scope of Work:
- 3D BIM modeling
- Clash coordination
- Value engineering and constructability review
- Shop drawing creation
- Asset management and COBie incorporation
- Dedicated BIM manager from VBS to coordinate with consultants and designers.
The major challenge was the external facade of the building. We used Dynamo Scripting to automate several repetitive tasks and streamline the workflow to avoid cost overruns and delays. We used COBie data in a uniclass format to deliver asset data as distinct from the geometric data.
We delivered the project on time, and our clients were beyond impressed with the quality of our work. Our team has managed several residential, commercial, infrastructural, institutional, and industrial projects and has been working towards improving customer satisfaction. We have successfully handled a wide range of BIM projects with varying complexities for our clients in the USA, the UK, Singapore, Australia, and the UAE. We are committed to providing our clients with the best of the opportunities that ensure their growth and success.